A: Our office understands the importance of protecting your personal information at all times. To help you understand how we are doing that, we have outlined below how our office collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
Our office will collect, use, and disclose information about you for the following purposes only:
- To assess your health needs and provide safe and efficient dental care
- To advise you of treatment options
- To enable us to contact and maintain communication with you to distribute health-care information and to book and confirm appointments
- To communicate on your behalf with other treating health-care providers, including other dentists or dental specialists, if the patient, with their consent, has been referred by us to the other dentist or dental specialist for treatment
- To communicate with dental laboratories, physicians or pharmacists
- To communicate with the patient’s legal counsel, on request, as support documents for injury litigation
- To complete and submit dental claims for third party adjudication and payments
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- To deliver your charts and records to the dentist’s insurance carrier to enable the insurance company to assess liability and quantify damages, as necessary
- To invoice for goods and services
- To process credit card payments
- To collect unpaid accounts
Dentists are regulated by the Alberta Dental Association and College, which may inspect our records and interview our staff as part of its regulatory activities in the public interest. CORE Dental thanks you for your support and understanding in helping our office comply with all regulatory requirements and laws.